Principle Duties for Freight Cashier:
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks
- Prepare/Scan checks and insert to corporate intranet.
- Inspect checks to ensure customer is not on certified funds and note short pays.
- Contact customers regarding payments.
- Management collections and account receivables.
- Research payments not applied to A/R system, as necessary.
- Ensure all credit card payments are posted same time of receipt.
- Ensure all checks are scanned and entered into corporate intranet documents.
- Ensure all credit card payments are posted at time of receipt and emails sent to ensure timely release.
- Update corporate intranet regarding demurrage charges and request re-bills from the rebill department as needed.
- Document details into corporate intranet for all non-term clients.
- Assist Import Coordinators and Customer Service representatives with queries on freight payments.
Must have strong customer service skills
Sort through overnight priority mail deliveries for import ocean freight payments and original bills of lading
Follow up with corporate branch for credit approvals and be responsible for approving or delicing credit in corporate intranet.
Inspect original bills of lading for proper endorsement and update corporate intranet.
Open and distribute mail.
Receive and process all UPS, Fedex and Courier Packages.
Follow up on all port to port shipments, enter data and documents into corporate intranet.
Inspect original bills of lading for proper endorsement and update corporate intranet accordingly. Note any endorsement problems.
Make phone calls for missing information and incorrect payment data as necessary.
Accept customer phone calls when customer service is bypassed.
Initiate and respond to e-mail messages, as required.
Available to work 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday.
Skills and Qualifications High School education required; Associates Degree preferred.
1-3 years work experience required; accounting experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills to include basic microsoft applications, excel, outlook, word
Excellent (Verbal and written) communication skill
Excellent analytical skills